Software Engineer - Distributed Systems (London)
Yelp, London, UK
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Design, build, and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at increasing scale.
- Develop custom tools and automate processes to find answers to challenging questions and reveal the unknown.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Support the software your team works on.
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of systems and application design, with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Ability to work closely with information retrieval/machine learning experts on big-data problems.
- A hunger for tracking down root causes—no matter how deep it takes you—and fixing them in systematic ways.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, file systems and networking.
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Ability to work well with and influence many personality types at all levels of the organization.
- Experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, CFEngine), monitoring (Nagios, Sensu, Monit), metrics (Graphite, statsd).
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Software Engineer - Automation
Account Manager, Enterprise
Yext, London, UK
Senior Software Engineer - New York
Curalate, New York
IT Support Engineer
Core Infrastructure Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer, Production Tools
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto