Software Engineer - Full Stack
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
We Are Looking For:
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server side MVC Framework (Django, Twisted, Rails, Pyramid, Codeigniter, Play, etc).
- Comfortable working in a Unix Environment.
- Experience with both backend and frontend performance analysis.
- Understanding of web security best practice.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Experience with TDD and code review.
- Active contributor to open source software.
- Experience with Google Closure Tools.
- Experience with both mobile and desktop web application development.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver.
- Experience with popular Python libraries/tools (sqlalchemy, pylint, tox, PyPI).
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.