Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Work with the team to come up with creative ideas for new products and model features, then carry those ideas all the way to launch.
- Explore data to measure the impact of your changes and come up with ideas for how to maximize key metrics.
- Work closely with infrastructure engineers to make sure that your algorithms will effectively scale to large data sets and to ensure that their systems provide the flexibility needed for your ideas.
We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years industry experience in machine learning, statistics, or related fields.
- A passion for big data, and creative ideas for what to do with it.
- The algorithms and data structures experience to make your ideas workable.
- The coding experience to turn those ideas into reality. We use Java & Python. You don’t need to be an expert, but experience is a plus and we will expect you to learn them on the job.
- A background in Machine Learning or Information Retrieval.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related degree.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Experience working with scikit-learn, ElasticSearch, Spark, Hadoop, or mrjob.
- Experience applying Auction theory, CTR prediction, Graph theory, Natural language processing, Recommender systems, Spam detection, Stochastic optimization.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer (Rails/React)
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Business Analyst - (Modeling / ROI) Work Remote
Cloud Technology Partners, Live Anywhere
XO Group, Austin
TripAdvisor, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Network Engineer
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Andela, Lagos, Nigeria