Software Engineer - Mobile iOS
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Build new features in the Yelp app to connect people with great local businesses.
- Improve and iterate on existing functionality to reliably give our users a smooth experience.
- Insist on a consistent and responsive user experience for every one of our users.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
- Be a key part of the larger iOS developer community at Yelp.
We Are Looking For:
- Deep understanding of the iOS platform (Objective-C or Swift, preferably both).
- Strong experience with iOS testing, from breaking controller logic into unit-testable pieces to automated UI testing.
- Eagerness to embrace scalability, reliability, and performance challenges.
- Familiarity with client/server and API tech stacks.
- Pointers to past mobile applications you’ve built.
- If possible, demonstrable contribution to F/OSS projects.
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Elasticsearch Infrastructure Engineer
GitHub, Remote - Global
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Tapingo, Tel Aviv
Sr. DevOps Engineer
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
Classy, San Diego HQ
Software Engineer- Developer Productivity
Fitbit, US - San Francisco, US - Boston
Senior Backend Engineer (m/f)