Software Engineer - Performance (London)
Yelp, London, UK
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy software systems that run 24/7 at great and increasing scale.
- Analyse metrics and code to discover performance regressions and opportunities for optimization, then work with teams across the organization to speed things up.
- Seek out overprovisioning or wasted resources to maintain performance while keeping an eye on the bottom line.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Support the systems you’ve built in a follow-the-sun on call rotation.
What We Are Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and application design, with an understanding of operational and reliability trade-offs.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis.
- A hunger for tracking down root causes—no matter how deep it takes you—and fixing them in systematic ways.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, file systems, networking, and web technology.
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS.
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Ability to work well with and be able to influence many personality types at all levels of the organization.
- Experience building and supporting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience working at a large-scale consumer web site.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, CFEngine), monitoring (Nagios, Sensu, Monit), and metrics (Graphite, statsd, Splunk).
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Peloton, NY HQ
Senior Software Engineer - Real Time Data Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
IT Operations Engineer, Singapore
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore
Associate IT Technician
Oscar, New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer (CONTRACT)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA