Software Engineer - Revenue Infrastructure
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Design and develop highly reliable REST APIs and services.
- Build mission-critical data pipelines and our real time data warehouse.
- Learn the fine art of balancing scale, latency and availability depending on the problem.
- Write code, document, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers.
- Collaborate with product management and other engineers to understand and tackle new use cases and challenges.
We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience building large scale distributed systems.
- A passion for architecting distributed, service-oriented systems for scale.
- Solid understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Knowledge of data pipelines, data warehousing and streaming solutions using technologies such as Kafka, Flink and Redshift.
- Deep understanding of tradeoffs between service reliability and long-term technical design.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in Python, C, C++, Java, or a similar language.
- Battle-proven SQL knowledge.
- Comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges!
- If you don't have at least one year of experience in a similar role, please take a look at our College Engineering roles instead!
- Familiarity with AWS based technologies such as SWF, Step Functions (SFN), SQS, S3 and Redshift.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business operations and analytics organizations.
- Experience in software design that involves complex integrations with other systems including third party integrations.
- Active contributor to open source software.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Growth & Engagement
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Data Privacy
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Lead Technical Director, Gaming and VR
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Etsy, San Francisco
R&D Engineering Technician
Formlabs, Somerville, MA