Strategic Sourcing - Technology
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the technology sourcing process, including strategy, identifying the right potential partners, outreach, competitive bidding, pricing & contract negotiation, PO processing, and contract approval.
- Develop strong relationships externally with vendor partners and internally with business stakeholders.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, from quick contract renewals to in-depth new strategic partnerships.
- Organize a large database of partnerships, be data-driven, and provide clear reporting back to management on the status of renewals or other important contract terms.
- Analyze spend and other data, monitor purchasing activity, and conduct benchmarking.
- Work with the IT Logistics teams and Corporate Infrastructure leaders across Yelp sites to manage hardware & software license forecasts and fulfill procurement needs.
- Create purchase requisitions as needed and follow through to payment; ensure that all contracts are executed and cataloged.
- Monitor purchase order status: track production, shipping, & receiving status of shipments
We Are Looking For:
- Solid understanding of Strategic Sourcing, ideally Tech Sourcing (software, hardware, telco, or datacenter), and at least 2-4 years of total work experience.
- Tech credibility - the ability to work seamlessly with engineering and other internal teams on a wide range of tech-related needs.
- Analytical experience grounded in strong business/finance fundamentals.
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms - written, presentation, & negotiation.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Domain Expert, Copyeditor- Russian
Dataminr, Dublin, Ireland
Analytics Specialist, Video Data Visualization and Reporting
Time Inc., New York, NY
User Experience Researcher - Buyer Insights
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Technical Solution Consultant
Zuora, San Francisco, CA
Customer Experience Business Analyst
Airbnb, Dublin, Ireland
Client Insights Associate