Strategic Sourcing - Technology
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Assist in the technology sourcing process, including strategy, identifying the right potential partners, outreach, competitive bidding, pricing and contract negotiation, PO processing, and contract approval.
- Develop positive relationships externally with vendor partners and internally with business stakeholders.
- Handle multiple projects at a time, from quick contract renewals to in-depth new strategic partnerships.
- Organize a large database of partnerships, be data-driven, and provide clear reporting back to management on the status of renewals or other important contract terms.
- Analyze spend and other data, monitor purchasing activity, and conduct benchmarking.
- Work with the IT Logistics team and Corporate Infrastructure leaders across Yelp sites to manage hardware & software license forecasts and fulfill procurement needs.
- Monitor purchase order status: track production, shipping, & receiving status of shipments
We Are Looking For:
- Solid grasp of Strategic Sourcing, ideally Tech Sourcing (software, hardware, telco, or datacenter), and at least 2-4 years of total work experience.
- The ability to work seamlessly with engineering and other internal teams on a wide range of tech-related needs.
- Analytical experience grounded in strong business/finance fundamentals.
- Good communication skills in all forms - written, presentation, & negotiation.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Application Security Engineer
MyFitnessPal, Baltimore, MD
Credit Analytics Lead
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Emerging Technology Researcher
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Scientist - Operations Research
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Global Oil Supply & Demand Analyst
Genscape, Boulder Office, Houston Office
Senior Campaign Manager, Programmatic
AKQA, San Francisco