Technical Product Manager - Infrastructure
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Bring your technical expertise and judgement to bear, managing multiple interdependent projects across a wide range of technologies and teams.
- Help define the vision and roadmap for all infrastructure teams, establish project plans, and help teams exceed their goals.
- Remove roadblocks, increase developer velocity, and speed up releases and launches.
- Collaborate effectively with engineers as well as technical and product leadership to set project priorities and build realistic schedules.
- Challenge proposals where necessary and build consensus. You should be as happy explaining your projects to engineers as you are to executives.
- Play Well With Others: Build strong relationships across the organization to ensure requests are met and we deliver high quality products to our internal customers.
We Are Looking For:
- Fascination with New Technologies: You’re up to date on all the latest innovations in infrastructure technologies and open-source and can critically appraise their fit for Yelp’s needs.
- Experience with large scale open-source distributed systems like Kafka, Cassandra, Mesos, as well as cloud infrastructure like AWS.
- Problem Solver: Love to think analytically about complex problems and figure out ways to make systems more efficient.
- Techie Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our engineers about their design approach and its impact on the product’s roadmap.
- Experience with very high availability mission critical core infrastructure.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: You should love us but also be able to tell us what we're doing wrong.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit http://www.yelp.com
Jobs You May Like
Lead Service Designer (m/w)
Mobile Visual Designer - Android
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Product Manager, CMS
Refinery29, New York, NY
Product Design Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, China
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Sr. Product Designer (PS Core)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA