ML Platform Engineer (Remote)
Yelp, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
What You Will Do:
- Build the platform that powers Yelp’s top business initiatives with machine learning
- Streamline and build new abstractions to support machine learning workflows
- Collaborate with other teams on building centralized data & feature stores
- Connect regularly with different internal groups for input on their ML infra and data needs
- Gain expertise in cutting-edge machine learning infrastructure
- Apply ML techniques to deliver models and data for high impact business problems
What it takes to Succeed:
- A balanced interest in machine learning, infrastructure, and data products
- Deep understanding of the programming languages and systems you’ve worked on
- Familiarity with tooling, including Python, Jupyter, Apache Spark, TensorFlow, Docker, Kubernetes, Flink, and Kafka
- Minimum 2 years industry experience or an academic background in machine learning, data mining, or data infrastructure
- Passion for architecting large systems with elegant interfaces that can scale easily
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player who lives the Yelp Values and thrives in a diverse and inclusive work culture
What you'll get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Software Engineer, PHaM (Publish, Host and Monitor)
Domino Data Lab, NY Metro Area or Remote USA