Millions of users depend on Yelp to research, contact and vet local services professionals. If you’ve ever tried to hire a house cleaner or a plumber, chances are your experience took way longer than it should have. The market for hiring is enormous - $1 trillion in the US alone - but the process is inefficient and largely offline. Yelp is aiming to transform that.
Our team is leading the way to make it easier for our home and local services professionals to get hired. We help small businesses get discovered by high intent consumers, have a best in class experience to get hired by those consumers, and have access to new, high value paid products to accelerate their business growth. By focusing on these key areas, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re uniquely great at.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to reimagine the interaction between a business and consumer that is largely offline today, and extremely inefficient for all parties. If you are looking to own a key part of Yelp’s future growth at a billion dollar company, and work with a cross functional group of Engineers, Designers, Marketing teams, Biz Ops teams, Data Scientists, and other Product Managers then this role is for you.
The team you’ll work with is scrappy, nimble, and fun. It’s a rare opportunity to be on a team that combines the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment. Your work will have a huge impact on direct revenue & bottomline of Yelp.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular area in Canada. We welcome applicants from throughout Canada.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
Where You Come In:
- Listen to customer wants and needs, translate into product ideas, and prioritize product ideas based on the business metrics impact and company revenue.
- Develop a product roadmap for your engineering team, and write functional product requirements for UI/UX Designers and Engineers.
- Work closely with UI/UX Designers and Engineers to develop product features, and stay on-top of execution and deliver good quality user-friendly product features.
- Run A/B experiments on new product features, in collaboration with Data science to justify the experiments and make ship/no ship decisions on new product features.
- Dig into data, in collaboration with Biz Ops, question the data and analyse segmentation to find patterns and make business decisions and product areas to invest.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to drive top funnel traffic such as email, push notification, in product message, performance marketing etc.
- Communicate with the go-to-market team and many stakeholders across different parts of the organization about important updates about your products.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- You have 3+ years of product management experience. Experience of working with small business owners; marketplace experience is a plus.
- Customer obsession: you genuinely care for our customers and know their needs the best, and translate customers wants and needs into concrete product features
- You’re energized by creating industry leading products that drive meaningful business results, you are business savvy and metrics driven to make the right product investment decision.
- Cross-functional: this role is highly cross functional where you will work very closely with the Engineering team, Marketing team, Design team, Biz Ops team, Data Science, Go to market team, etc.
- You will drive your projects and influence the roadmap of other cross functional teams. Problem solver: connect the dots, make sense of data, and offer creative solutions to unblock the team to execute. You thrive in ambiguity and lead the team to clarity.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. You’ll need to go into a meeting discussing what to build, acquisition strategies, and back with data and analysis.A balance between strategic thinking and attention to details
- Excellent in execution: you make things happen.
- Solid understanding of how to grow metrics and lots of practice running A/B tests.
Local businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them reach their customers during these challenging times. Our Engineering & Product teams have responded by quickly identifying their needs and building innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other protected status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.