Senior Software Engineer - Core Services (Remote)
Yelp, Remote, Remote, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Build and maintain tools for developing and testing Python services and packages.
- Iterate quickly using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment principles.
- Articulate a technical vision and execute it.
- Give back by mentoring other engineers and sharing the skills you learn.
- Collaborate with team members and engineers across the company to design elegant systems.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of relevant industry experience.
- Ability to coordinate and work with multiple teams/stakeholders to execute on high-impact projects.
- Demonstrated ability to design, build, and roll out future-proof productivity tools across medium to large organizations.
- Great understanding of Linux, databases, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Relevant experience in at least one server-side programming language, preferably Python.
- You’re excited about the challenges of scalability, reliability, and performance
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Help the world share their story