Senior Product Manager - Ads (Remote)
Yelp, Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Build algorithms that determine ad ranking, matching, and pricing across multiple ad inventory sources.
- Develop and apply predictive models to efficiently allocate, match, and form connections between advertisers and consumers.
- Perform and direct analyses to deeply understand what’s happening in our ads marketplace and identify new areas for our engineering teams to focus on.
- Optimize components of the ad auction to drive more value to advertisers and grow long-term revenue.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of Marketplace or Applied Machine Learning product management experience.
- Background in physics, math, systems engineering, economics, or any other relevant field.
- Tech savvy: experience solving difficult, company-critical technical problems.
- Customer driven: energized by driving revenue growth and translating customers’ wants and needs into concrete features.
- Problem solver: enjoys breaking down complex, unstructured problems into digestible components, then figuring out short- and long-term plans from there; you can do your own analysis using iPython and SQL.
- Effective communicator: ability to synthesize and translate between technical and non-technical audiences; you can effectively communicate complex topics to stakeholders across different parts of the organization.
- Operational know-how: you constantly think about efficiency and how to improve processes around ads system reliability and metrics monitoring.
- Strong collaborator: embraces working across different teams, functions, and timezones.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one