We’re looking for a talented, collaborative Product Design Lead to join Yelp’s growing Content team. In this role, you will be the champion for the Yelp community. You will be empowered to rethink how contributors add content to Yelp as well as how they interact with other people on the platform. You will partner closely with other Product Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers, Engineers and other cross-functional partners while helping to push for great content on the Yelp platform.
As a Lead Product Designer on Yelp’s Content team, you will champion a team of talented designers in rethinking how people add content to Yelp. Our team works on mobile and web flows for both consumers and business owners, rethinking how Yelp users share their content. We own some of Yelp’s core flows including the review flow, photo upload flow, user profile, and much more. his is a highly visible role with a large impact.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Improve how people create and interact with Yelp’s core content, review and photos.
- Rethink flows on how both consumers and business owners contribute content on Yelp.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the product.
- Innovate and imagine the future of contributions on Yelp. (Ex: what does being in the Yelp community mean in the age of TikTok, Facebook, and Instagram?)
- Partner with our user research team to collect feedback from the people who use our product.
- Ideate, conceptualize, and prototype solutions.
- Think strategically while planning for short and long term initiatives.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Several years of experience creating delightful and engaging products.
- Generalists who have both User Experience and Visual Design skills.
- Experience working on a consumer facing product.
- Solid communicator; comfortable seeking and receiving feedback.
- You work well within existing visual and UX patterns and understand when to extend them; you can design for scale with the entire system in mind.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions, along with sound rationale to support them.
- Well-versed in the design toolkit; you know when to use the right tool at the right time.
- Ability to occasionally visit the SF office for workshops and on-sites strongly preferred.
What You'll Get:
- You can find more information about Yelp's five star benefits here!
This opportunity is remote and does require you to be located in the San Francisco Bay Area to attend in-person events as needed.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.