Engineering Manager - Core Java (Remote)
Yelp, Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Help the team stay productive by removing obstacles and optimizing team processes.
- Coach and mentor engineers of all experience levels, from recent graduates to senior engineers.
- Collaborate with your team, stakeholders, and other Engineering leaders to define and influence a product vision and roadmap.
- Play an essential role in the hiring process, from sourcing and interviewing potential candidates to helping close new hires.
- Support your team as they scale infrastructure to meet demand while keeping an eye on reliability.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Previous experience as a manager with a “people-first” approach; maintaining a healthy team culture is your priority, and you lead through empathy.
- Great communication skills that you also foster within your own team.
- Experience building JVM systems written in Java, Scala, or Kotlin.
- A technical background that can help your team evaluate trade-offs during design and development.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.