Data Scientist (m/f/d) (Remote)
Yelp, Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Join a team of Data Scientists and Data Science Analysts that develop analytical frameworks and reliable measurement strategies for Yelp products.
- Design, execute, and analyze complex business and user experiments.
- Partner with other Data Scientists and Data Engineers to set the vision for and develop our experimentation platform.
- Devise and evaluate models for diverse business needs, such as identifying growth opportunities, estimating the impact of new features on our platforms, and personalizing the user experience.
- Proactively research and build ETL pipelines for product and marketplace metrics.
- Communicate key insights from analyses, experiments and data products to stakeholders.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- MS/PhD in quantitative field and a few years of industry experience in a senior quantitative role.
- Ability to apply statistical, analytical and technical expertise to product and business problems.
- Prior experience structuring and leading impactful data science projects independently.
- Oral and written communication skills to mentor colleagues, and work effectively with partners on engineering, product and business teams.
- Expertise in SQL, and R or Python for data analysis and platform development.
- Enthusiasm for building a culture of learning and development.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 30 days paid vacation per year plus one floating holiday.
- €150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- €89 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- Complementary elective German lessons for international employees.
- €67 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.