Software Engineer - Frontend (Remote)
Yelp, Remote, Remote, Canada
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Define the next generation of architecture for the UI application framework while partnering with other frontend-focused engineers.
- Design and build maintainable & scalable web systems to support experimentation and product analytics with product and design teams.
- Own engineering projects from design to implementation to deployment and maintenance.
- Define consistent patterns, reusable components, and standards around coding, testing, and app structure.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation on system designs and implementation.
- Evolve UI technology in line with business needs and changes in technology landscape.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Experience designing, developing, and utilizing component-based architectures.
- Experience with modern webapp and testing frameworks; such as webpack, jest, enzyme, and/or jasmine.
- Ability to work closely with and incorporate feedback from other engineers and product managers.
- Responsiveness to changing needs of the business and ability to craft solutions that solve complex business problems.
- Intuition for usability and UI design.
- Experience creating exceptional products and building user-centric experiences from conception to launch.
What You'll Get:
- This opportunity has the option to be fully remote in all locations across Canada.
- You can find more information about Yelp's five star benefits here!
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.