Junior Application Backend Engineer - CPC Mobile (Remote)
Yelp, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Connecting people with great local businesses
Where You Come In:
- Build new features on top of our Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Iterate quickly using Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment principles.
- Articulate a technical vision and execute it.
- Give back by mentoring other engineers and sharing the skills you learn.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Relevant industry experience.
- An understanding of and interest in elegant API designs.
- Relevant experience in at least one programming language: Python, C, Java, Go, Rust, etc.
- Basic knowledge of GraphQL, Kotlin, and Swift is a plus!
- Experience or interest in Server-Driven UI.
- A craving for new knowledge and challenges.
What You'll Get:
- Full responsibility for projects from day one, a collaborative team, and a dynamic work environment.
- Competitive salary with equity in the company, a pension scheme, and an optional employee stock purchase plan.
- 25 days paid holiday (rising to 29 with service), plus one floating holiday.
- £150 monthly reimbursement to help cover remote working expenses.
- £75 caregiver reimbursement to support dependent care for families.
- Private health insurance, including dental and vision.
- Flexible working hours and meeting-free Wednesdays.
- Regular 3-day Hackathons, bi-weekly learning groups, and productivity spending to support and encourage your career growth.
- Opportunities to participate in digital events and conferences.
- £56 per month to use toward qualifying wellness expenses.
- Quarterly team offsites.
Yelp connects people with great local businesses. Our users have contributed approximately 127 million cumulative reviews of almost every type of local business, from restaurants, boutiques and salons to dentists, mechanics, plumbers and more. These reviews are written by people using Yelp to share their everyday local business experiences, giving voice to consumers and bringing “word of mouth” online.
Want to learn more about Yelp? Visit Yelp's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.