Yelp’s products are used by millions of people every day. At Yelp you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a product you actually use. The team you’ll work with is small, scrappy, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment.
More and more people today rely on Yelp’s trusted content to address their Home Services needs whether it is planning a move, fixing a leaky faucet, or investing in a kitchen remodel. We’re looking for a seasoned product manager to help us build a best-in-class home-owner experience, making Yelp a game-changer for both users and home service professionals. In this role, you will exercise your expertise in how to build for network effects in a large scale two sided marketplace, you will help bring a largely offline marketplace online - nothing short of remarkable.
If you are looking to own a key part of Yelp’s strategic future in a highly visible and impactful role, solve meaningful user & business owner needs within a marketplace, and work with highly cross functional groups of Product Managers, Engineers, Analysts & Data Scientists, Designers, and Product Marketers, then this role is for you.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular region. We welcome applicants from throughout the US.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
Where You Come In:
- Make it easy and convenient for people to find qualified service professionals, confidently connect with them, and hire the right person for the job.
- Make sure people love their experience, come back often, and think of Yelp as the first place to go whenever they need an additional home service.
- Ensure service providers love advertising with Yelp, getting lots of qualified leads that turn into customers, allowing them to grow their small businesses.
- Build features that solve critical user pain points and find opportunities along the way to build a strong business model on top of it.
What It Takes to Succeed
- You have 5+ years of product management experience, creating meaningful consumer value, and aligning it with revenue generation mechanisms. Marketplace experience is a plus.
- Technical background preferred in Physics, Math, Engineering, or other hard science.
- You’re energized by solving meaningful user needs and tying those features into revenue-generating mechanisms.
- You love to figure out complex unstructured problems and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient.
- You understand how to ground and execute initiatives with large upsides, navigating high ambiguity and risk with a deeply through-through execution strategy.
- You enjoy leading large cross-team initiatives that will be fundamental to the future of our business. You’re great at communicating, coordinating, and aligning with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. You’ll need to go from a meeting discussing our go-to-market strategy with Product Marketing and PR to a meeting with engineers asking implementation questions about your feature specs.
- You are authentic, play well with others, and have a strong bias to action
What You'll Get:
- This opportunity has the option to be fully remote in all locations across the US.
- Compensation range is $96,000-230,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
- For more information about US benefits at Yelp, please check out this link.
Local businesses are turning to Yelp because we’re uniquely positioned to help them reach their customers during these challenging times. Our Engineering & Product teams have responded by quickly identifying their needs and building innovative products and features to support them. Our commitment to connecting people with great local businesses has never been stronger.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual's location and experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.