The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The Yext DC-area office will be located in Rosslyn, Virginia in early 2020. There are 2 engineering teams in our office, as described below. Our first round interview is a general interview in consideration for a role in either team. Final rounds are team specific interviews. If you join either team, you will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
Team #1 - Consulting engineering
- Build customized, high-quality consumer-facing web applications while ensuring compatibility across multiple browsers and platforms
- Augment development tooling to improve engineering quality-of-life, automation, iteration speed, and maintainability using modern technologies like Go, Node.js, Grunt, Webpack, SASS, and more
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Proactively contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- Effectively communicate technical concepts including architectures, best practices, implementation options, compatibility issues and tradeoffs to fellow engineers and non-technical stakeholders alike.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related technical field, graduating between December 2020 and August 2022
- Ability to easily move between backend and frontend technologies
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth environment
- Contribution to open source projects
Team #2 - Technology engineering
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join the Yext Engineering team and drive the technology behind our revolutionary product offering! Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
- Participate in full life-cycle software development
- Design, implement, and deploy highly distributed and scalable systems
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Immerse yourself into the Yext culture and ecosystem by following our engineering motto: “Think Big, Learn Fast, and Get Stuff Done”
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, graduating between December 2020 and August 2022
- Excellent implementation skills in a OOP language (We mostly use Java and Go)
- Fast learner who picks up new technologies quickly
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, unlimited snacks, and daily meal allowance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Yext puts business on the map. Yext is defining a new category called digital knowledge management, which helps businesses manage all of the public facts that they want consumers to know across the digital ecosystem. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Want to learn more about Yext? Visit Yext's website.
Jobs You May Like
Inventory Coordinator- UK
Enjoy, Warrington, England