The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is looking for a Director of Deal Desk Pricing Strategy to join its growing team. This is a ‘hands on’ management role reporting to the Senior Director, Head of Deal Desk with a critical role to enhance the company pricing strategy and contract execution. The successful candidate is a SaaS pricing expert, experienced in designing subscription pricing models to optimize market fit. The director will also ensure that contracts in the queue are reviewed, structured, consistently evaluated, approved as quickly and efficiently as possible. This leader will work in a highly collaborative environment, partnering closely with the Deal Desk team, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success & Services, Finance and Legal, negotiating alignment and managing multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
This is a unique opportunity to work alongside multi-functional business leaders and teams to strengthen the execution quality of a fast growing company and build out a formalized deal pricing function.
Yext is looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating and enacting new strategies. These key skill sets will help drive efficiency and best practices in order to aggressively position Yext for global success that will benefit both shareholders and employees alike.
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a pricing strategy team while establishing a vision for the deal desk pricing function.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the field on pricing and deal structures
- Review, research, respond to and facilitate approval of non-standard requests
- Provide a “hands-on” approach to complex situations or escalations and work cross-functionally to resolve or provide a resolution
- Monitor compliance and process performance
- Maintain an evolving subject matter expertise in pricing trends and competitive pressures to recommend competitive deal structures.
- Support sales leaders in structuring and execution of the company’s most complex opportunities, and remain a pillar for any required escalations to get deals done.
- Display senior level influence to gain organizational support for any necessary process and/or pricing changes.
- Develop comprehensive KPIs to track the team’s success.
- Provide sales training on pricing and acceptable deal structures.
- Develop strategy and process for pricing products and services added to the portfolio via M&A
- Experience leading pricing strategy and modeling at an enterprise SaaS company
- 8+ years of experience in contract pricing, negotiation and revenue recognition
- 3+ years of management experience leading teams focused on commercial operations and pricing
- Project management skills and experience driving programs independently
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and business acumen
- Ability to frame business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and executing tactics and process improvements
- Proficiency in analyzing, setting priorities, and solving complex problems effectively
- Ability to communicate the right level of information to executives and cross-functional teams at the right cadence
- Exceptional interpersonal and influence skills
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations at all levels
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with a “can do” attitude and growth mindset
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Yext puts business on the map. Yext is defining a new category called digital knowledge management, which helps businesses manage all of the public facts that they want consumers to know across the digital ecosystem. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.