The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
Yext is seeking a motivated, creative, self-sufficient, and high energy Deal Desk Analyst to join our Finance team to learn and grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for reviewing and accepting revenue contracts for booking, working closely with the European sales and legal teams to understand various contract terms, price and structure deals, ensure the set-up of the contract is within the parameters of what the systems can handle and identify process improvement and internal control gaps.
- Perform the final review of a sales contract before it is accepted by the finance team and entered into our systems
- Liaise with both the legal and sales teams to understand various contract terms and discuss with the finance team the implications on our billing process, accounting policies and business policies
- Verify discrepancies in contracts and resolve issues with the sales and/or legal team
- Ensure data included in the contract agrees to the internal systems prior to approval and is in line with our business policies
- Act as the final approver for all revenue contracts before they are accepted by the Company
- Assist the Finance team with identifying underlying process issues and internal control gaps, propose process changes and new controls as necessary
- Measure performance and report metrics to the Company to assist in developing process changes upstream to prevent future errors
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis to the team when requested
- Structuring deals to benefit the company
- Deliver training to new sales people on deal approval process and ongoing refresher training
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business or similar college level education required
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- All candidates, who may not have the above-listed years’ experience, but can demonstrate the necessary skills, may apply and will be considered
- Experience in SAAS industry preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues
- Must be detail and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly, while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines
- Excellent written and formal presentation skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, pension with match, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The customer journey starts with a question, and every day consumers search for answers about brands. However, they are increasingly served false or misleading information from sources other than the brand. Yext, the Search Experience Cloud company, exists to help brands regain and maintain a direct relationship with their customers. With a mission to provide perfect answers everywhere, Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online by delivering brand verified answers straight from the source — wherever their customers are searching. Companies like Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar-Land Rover, and thousands of businesses around the world use Yext to take back control of the customer journey, starting on their own website.