Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Yext is seeking an experienced accounting professional to join our growing team. The Director of Accounting will be responsible for leading key aspects of the Company's finance and accounting functions, including month-end close, consolidation, financial reporting and certain business operations. In addition to managing other members of the accounting team, the Director of Accounting will work cross-departmentally to build-out and improve key financial processes. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
Yext is looking for a leader with a proven track record of creating and enacting new strategies. These key skill sets will help drive efficiency and best practices in order to aggressively position Yext for global success that will benefit both shareholders and employees alike.
- Lead, coach, hire and develop a growing team while establishing a vision for global expansion
- Develop a high performing accounting team, ensuring redundancy in training across key processes
- Develop relationships with the Yext management team in order to effectively execute on company policy and process changes as well as other key company-wide initiatives
- Identify, track and report on key financial and non-financial performance metrics; work with the team to analyze trends and develop/implement changes to drive improvements
- Lead implementation, upgrades and/or enhancements of cloud based business applications
- Work with the Corporate Controller and other Finance team leaders to evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of the group’s operations including systems and process
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, financial reporting and consolidation processes
- Effectively manage audit, tax, and valuation process with third party firms
- Assist FP&A team with accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 10-15+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 4 years must be as an Assistant Controller/Senior Manager of Accounting, or similar position in a high-growth technology company registered with the SEC
- Strong team leader with experience building, managing and developing a global team
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, with SaaS experience preferred
- Proven project management skills with a focus on timeliness and high quality results
- Effective problem solving, methodical, detail-oriented, innovative, and highly analytical
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- A multi-tasker with the ability to accurately work in a fast paced, rapidly growing and changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Experience with a Big 4 firm
- SEC reporting (10-K, 10-Q) experience
- Knowledge of cloud based ERP systems and implementations of such systems
- Experience in a multi-country/currency environment
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Yext puts business on the map. Yext is defining a new category called digital knowledge management, which helps businesses manage all of the public facts that they want consumers to know across the digital ecosystem. The Yext Knowledge Engine™ lets companies manage their digital knowledge in the cloud and sync it to over 100 services in the PowerListings® Network. Yext Listings, Pages, and Reviews help businesses around the globe facilitate face-to-face interactions that boost brand awareness, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
Want to learn more about Yext? Visit Yext's website.
Jobs You May Like
Credit and Collection Advisor
Account Executive, Mid-Market (DACH)
International Payroll Specialist
Rubrik, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Accounting Manager, SG
Corporate Operations Intern
Hudl, Lincoln, NE
Senior Manager, Studio Financial Planning & Analysis
Netflix, Los Angeles, California