2022 Software Engineer Summer Intern
Yext, Washington, D.C.
Yext is the leading Search Experience Cloud company
Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
There are 2 engineering teams in our office, as described below. Our interview is a general interview in consideration for a role in either team. If you join either team, you will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
Team #1 - Consulting engineering
What You'll Do
- Build customized, high-quality consumer-facing web applications while ensuring compatibility across multiple browsers and platforms
- Augment development tooling to improve engineering quality-of-life, automation, iteration speed, and maintainability using modern technologies like Go, Node.js, Grunt, Webpack, SASS, and more
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Proactively contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- Effectively communicate technical concepts including architectures, best practices, implementation options, compatibility issues and tradeoffs to fellow engineers and non-technical stakeholders alike.
What You Have
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related technical field, graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Ability to easily move between backend and frontend technologies
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth environment
- Contribution to open source projects
Team #2 - Technology engineering
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join the Yext Engineering team and drive the technology behind our revolutionary product offering! Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, hands-on with the code from day one.
What You'll Do
- Participate in full life-cycle software development
- Design, implement, and deploy highly distributed and scalable systems
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Immerse yourself into the Yext culture and ecosystem by following our engineering motto: “Think Big, Learn Fast, and Get Stuff Done”
What You Have
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Excellent implementation skills in a OOP language (We mostly use Java and Go)
- Fast learner who picks up new technologies quickly
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.
The customer journey starts with a question, and every day consumers search for answers about brands. However, they are increasingly served false or misleading information from sources other than the brand. Yext, the Search Experience Cloud company, exists to help brands regain and maintain a direct relationship with their customers. With a mission to provide perfect answers everywhere, Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online by delivering brand verified answers straight from the source — wherever their customers are searching. Companies like Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar-Land Rover, and thousands of businesses around the world use Yext to take back control of the customer journey, starting on their own website.
Want to learn more about Yext? Visit Yext's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.