Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
Please note: Your application must include a link to your website/online portfolio.
Our Consulting Group works with Yext’s largest clients to deliver highly-customized and integrated digital designs. Our work is leaps and bounds beyond our competitors and is seen by millions of people across the globe. The team includes Technical Consulting, UI/UX, and Software Engineering experts that work together to deliver end-to-end solutions. We value things like: curiosity, failing forward, productivity hacks, excellent communication, a sense of humor, and confidence without ego.
We're growing! Yext needs a talented Senior-Level UI Designer to augment our Creative team. You'll be designing elegant solutions to complex problems for coveted brands along with our Design Director and best-in-class UI Designers. You’ll be a key player in setting the visual design bar, evolving our prototyping process, and improving our team’s craft. Successful candidates will be seasoned visual designers with experience leading teams, decomposing functional specifications into work items, and facilitating technical training. Candidates must be well-organized and deadline-oriented.
What You'll Do
- Produce high-quality visual digital designs for high-profile clients—from concept to execution, including those for responsive devices at a variety of resolutions
- Create and iterate on assets that reflect a client’s business priorities and branding, drive users to take action, and inject beauty and life into a product
- Push creativity, constructively challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Innovate and evolve our in-house atomic design system to scale and meet company and client goals
- Partner with Software Engineers to implement your designs just as you had envisioned
- Cross-functionally mentor and teach technical material in an approachable and digestible manner
- Serve as a go-to resource for functional challenges in absence of Design Director
- Regularly contribute design patterns to our atomic design system library; review submissions of components from peers and help ensure overall level of quality
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing activities as directed by Creative Director
- Build and leading new hire onboarding modules as directed by Creative Director
What You Have
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, HCI), or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3-6 years of professional experience as designer for web applications and digital services
- Mastery in industry-standard tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Github, Invision App, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in presentation tools like Loom, Keynote or Powerpoint
- Proficiency in organization tools like Google docs or Excel
- A jaw-dropping online portfolio, free of typos
- Familiarity with device screen sizes and responsive 12-column grid principles
- Experience designing for variable data (CMS-driven layouts)
- Ability to create style guides to be used cross-functionally
- Effective time management and facilitation skills
- Interaction design sensibility
- Ability to conduct efficient and targeted remote user tests
- Active contribution to local and online design communities
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.
The customer journey starts with a question, and every day consumers search for answers about brands. However, they are increasingly served false or misleading information from sources other than the brand. Yext, the Search Experience Cloud company, exists to help brands regain and maintain a direct relationship with their customers. With a mission to provide perfect answers everywhere, Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online by delivering brand verified answers straight from the source — wherever their customers are searching. Companies like Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar-Land Rover, and thousands of businesses around the world use Yext to take back control of the customer journey, starting on their own website.
Want to learn more about Yext? Visit Yext's website.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase beauty, and lifestyle products.