Yext (NYSE: YEXT) is building the next big thing in AI search, and the next big thing is answers.
With the explosion of information and data online, search has never been more important. However, while the world of consumer search has innovated over time, enterprise search has not. In fact, the majority of enterprise search is powered by outdated keyword technology that only scans for keywords and delivers a list of hyperlinks rather than actually answering questions. Yext, the AI Search Company, offers a modern, AI-powered Answers Platform that understands natural language so that when people ask questions about a business online they get direct answers – not links.
We have a big, audacious mission to transform the enterprise with AI search. To achieve that, we need bright minds and diverse perspectives to join our growing company and help us continue to disrupt an industry. Does this sound like you?
As a Director, Public Sector Sales you are responsible for growing our client base with a focus on Public Sector clients across the United States. You are committed to winning and taking advantage of the untapped customer base that could benefit from Yext’s product offering. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated track record of success selling consultative digital marketing solutions within SLED sectors; the ability to negotiate complex six and seven figure contracts; a strong understanding of the digital landscape and a willingness to embrace disruptive, fast paced technology companies.
What You’ll Do
- Build, lead and grow your own book of business, selling to our top accounts and working with public sector clients
- Drive significant growth in the market for new clients, achieving or exceeding individual quota
- Focus on executing transactions in a assigned territory and prospect for new opportunities
- Manage complete and complex sales-cycles presenting to executives the value of our product
- Define, execute, and own an engagement plan for key prospects
- Develop and manage strong relationships within our Public Sector market segment, looking for opportunities to add value to customers and develop additional revenue
- Forecast sales activity and revenue achievement, while creating satisfied and referenceable customers
What You Have
- 10 plus years of digital or technology sales and account management experience
- 5 plus years selling into Public Sector accounts
- Strong familiarity with GSA contracts, while creating demand for opportunities without a formal RFP
- Ability to reach and develop relationships with C-level executives within the Public Sector vertical
- Understanding of digital ecosystem landscape and relationships
- Track record of success in carrying a quota, closing federal deals
- Successful history of net direct new business sales, with the ability to prove consistent delivery against targets
- A track record of success in selling business applications and complex solutions
- Balance a strategic view to an account with a fast-paced transactional approach
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles- demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management
- Experience in bringing innovative/market defining products to market
- Must work well in a team selling environment
- BA/BS degree or similar college level education; in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel
- Experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO and SEM
- SaaS, Local, Display and/or Search market experience
Yext is committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture where every person is seen, heard and valued. We believe in equal employment opportunity and welcome employees and applicants of all races, colors, ethnicities, religions, creeds, national origins, ancestries, genetics, sexes, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientations, genders (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), ages, physical or mental disabilities, citizenships, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. It is Yext’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities as required by law. If you have a disability that requires an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or participating in the employee selection process, please complete this form.
The customer journey starts with a question, and every day consumers search for answers about brands. However, they are increasingly served false or misleading information from sources other than the brand. Yext, the Search Experience Cloud company, exists to help brands regain and maintain a direct relationship with their customers. With a mission to provide perfect answers everywhere, Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online by delivering brand verified answers straight from the source — wherever their customers are searching. Companies like Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar-Land Rover, and thousands of businesses around the world use Yext to take back control of the customer journey, starting on their own website.
Want to learn more about Yext? Visit Yext's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.