- Figure out what people want; build it well with our amazing engineers and designers; ship it smoothly; make small business owners working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive
- Identify needs through a combination of user research, collecting feedback from cross-functional teammates, diving into data, and competitive analysis
- Define your product vision, strategy, and roadmap. And inspire people with it across the company.
- Prioritize your and your teams work. Manage the backlog of features.
- Ensure we ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace.
- Define metrics for success and failure. Analyze and create dashboards for key metrics
- Experience in leading major product initiatives at a SAAS product company. Experience in a startup is a plus.
- Demonstrated success owning technical products. Experience working on complex back-end systems and machine learning technology is a plus.
- You love distilling the essence out of what you have learned and drawing conclusions and always have the big picture in mind.
- You listen well and are deeply empathetic. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when you have to. You push the pace. You take the blame and pass on praise.
- You are a self-motivated team player able to work in a small, fast-paced environment without much oversight. You can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently.
- Your solutions begin with a deep understanding of your customer. Past experience building customer-facing products is a plus.
- Proficiency running SQL queries to quickly answer some of your data questions.
- Able to accommodate infrequent travel to Berlin/Tel Aviv.
What we offer
- A fast paced environment with meaningful work
- A feedback-seeking culture that fuels personal growth
- The chance to make a major difference in our team and in our customers’ lives
- A super transparent information policy with flat hierarchies (we call this “we treat each other as adults”)
- A great, international team of people passionate about technology and small businesses
- Amazing offices in Berlin Mitte and Tel Aviv with healthy food and drinks provided—weekly Ping Pong tournament included ☺
At Zeitgold, we come to work every day because we want to solve the biggest problems for small business owners. For most small business owners, running their company means being overwhelmed by bureaucracy and administrative work every day. Restaurant owners spend multiple hours per week paying supplier invoices. Craftsmen spend even more time making sure their own invoices get paid. If something unexpected comes up, there is usually nobody who can help. Something is broken. Our mission is to free small business owners from paperwork. We empower our clients to get all financial administration tasks (paying suppliers, collections, bookkeeping, accounting, payroll) done in less than 10 minutes per day on their smartphones with our radically simple app. This saves our customers regularly more than 10 hours per week. To provide our uniquely intuitive user experience, we re-designed the entire accounting process end-to-end. We combine our experts and artificial intelligence to offer an end-to-end solution for managing the financials of cafés, restaurants, small retailers, and craftsmen. Zeitgold was founded in 2015 by seasoned entrepreneurs with vast knowledge in the the small business domain (previously co-founders of SumUp), and extensive experience with building innovative data products (8200 alum). We are backed by a number of well-known business angels from Germany, Silicon Valley, and Israel, as well as Holtzbrinck Ventures (investor also in Zalando, Flixbus, and SumUp) and Battery Ventures (investor also in GoEuro and N26).
Want to learn more about Zeitgold? Visit Zeitgold's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Software Engineer (Remote - must be based in South Africa)
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa