Come join a small Engineering team that works closely with our customers and Product to ship code every day. We value ownership, independence, collaboration, communication, and bias towards getting things done with measurable results. We are seeking a Principal Engineer who wants to work with our product stakeholders and engineers to collaboratively design systems which are simple to understand, easy to iterate on, maintainable, and will scale as our company grows. As we are still a small company, the ideal engineer should be comfortable both designing systems and helping to implement them. This role reports directly to our VP of Product & Engineering and will also serve as a technical mentor to the engineering team.
What you will do:
- Lead systems design in collaboration with other engineers and product stakeholders.
- Take projects from requirements gathering through release with reasonable autonomy.
- Practice and implement software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularization, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs.
- Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs and assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting.
Qualifications for Success:
- Proven track record of designing & building scalable, maintainable, iterable, systems which grow with the company.
- Previous systems architecture experience leading end-to-end implementation of reasonably complex systems.
- 8+ years industry experience in software engineering with full-stack web applications (particularly with Django, Rails, or Node.js).
- Pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, opinions on those trends, and in-depth knowledge of web technologies gained from research and professional experience.
“The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.”
- Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ZeroCater. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
ABOUT US Great Companies Feed Their People We believe that culture is the most important ingredient in a company’s recipe for success and that food is one of the most effective ways to achieve a high-performing culture. The simple act of sharing a meal fosters trust, improves communication and encourages collaboration among team members, leading to a happier and more productive workforce. Feeding your team should be simple so you can focus on what matters—your business. OUR STORY Make Food Simple for Companies As a former office manager, Arram Sabeti planned many office meals for groups big and small. At the same time, companies were focused on hiring and retaining top talent and were increasingly working to build a better office culture with food. The benefits of feeding teams were obvious to Arram, but dietary restrictions, food preferences, and logistics made planning the daily task a daunting one. As Arram’s network grew, he quickly learned that others in his position experienced the same challenges. Instead of managing multiple vendors, organizing delivery and cleanup, collecting feedback, and doing it all over every day—Arram thought, what if there were one company with a team of experts, established vendor relationships, and technology that made office food simple? And so ZeroCater was born. The Crane Throughout Asia, the crane is a symbol of happiness and good fortune. In Japan, the crane is said to be mystical and live for a thousand years. The legend goes, that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted eternal good luck. For ZeroCater, the origami crane represents the art of feeding teams. At ZeroCater, we know the care and detail required to make feeding your team simple. We work tirelessly to perfect the process from start to finish so companies can enjoy the simple beauty and good fortune that comes from sharing office meals.
Want to learn more about ZeroCater? Visit ZeroCater's website.
Jobs You May Like
Infrastructure Team Lead (autonomous driving / GNSS)
Sapcorda, Hanover, Germany
Senior Software Engineer
Frontend Software Engineer
Kobalt Music Group, London
Game Presenter - Swedish speaking
Senior Growth Engineer
Getaround, San Francisco, CA
Director, UX Design
Rubicon Project, Playa Vista, CA