The Pilot CSM role will act as the driver of the ZeroCater Pilot program and will be focused on earning new client business in partnership with both the Sales and Food Curation teams. This role works cross-functionally in order to ensure overall success and conversion from Pilot client to Recurring subscription. A successful CSM will quickly establish trust with our potential client base allowing them to make a positive impact on the outcome of the client’s pilot program. The ideal candidate for this role has meticulous attention to detail, strong communication, time management skills, and a willingness to go above and beyond for clients to ensure the success of the pilot program.
What you will do:
- Act in partnership with Sales to ensure client's transition for current/non-existing meal program is successful
- Become a trusted advisor to clients by offering guidelines, suggestions, and best practices for their particular meal program
- Onboard new clients and attend pilot meals to provide additional feedback and coaching to all key players both internal and external
- Act as the communication bridge between client and ZC team partners from other departments
- Successfully handoff pilot accounts to recurring CSMs and ensuring no client details/preferences are missed
Qualifications for Success:
- 1-2 years of customer service or account management experience
- Proficiency in project management, Salesforce, and spreadsheet applications
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with multiple teams (i.e. Sales, Catering Operations, Food Curation, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership for client satisfaction, even if it requires you to expand the scope of the role at times
- Proven success in identifying gaps in current program and demonstrating creative ways to affect change/suggestion enhancements
ABOUT US Great Companies Feed Their People We believe that culture is the most important ingredient in a company’s recipe for success and that food is one of the most effective ways to achieve a high-performing culture. The simple act of sharing a meal fosters trust, improves communication and encourages collaboration among team members, leading to a happier and more productive workforce. Feeding your team should be simple so you can focus on what matters—your business. OUR STORY Make Food Simple for Companies As a former office manager, Arram Sabeti planned many office meals for groups big and small. At the same time, companies were focused on hiring and retaining top talent and were increasingly working to build a better office culture with food. The benefits of feeding teams were obvious to Arram, but dietary restrictions, food preferences, and logistics made planning the daily task a daunting one. As Arram’s network grew, he quickly learned that others in his position experienced the same challenges. Instead of managing multiple vendors, organizing delivery and cleanup, collecting feedback, and doing it all over every day—Arram thought, what if there were one company with a team of experts, established vendor relationships, and technology that made office food simple? And so ZeroCater was born. The Crane Throughout Asia, the crane is a symbol of happiness and good fortune. In Japan, the crane is said to be mystical and live for a thousand years. The legend goes, that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted eternal good luck. For ZeroCater, the origami crane represents the art of feeding teams. At ZeroCater, we know the care and detail required to make feeding your team simple. We work tirelessly to perfect the process from start to finish so companies can enjoy the simple beauty and good fortune that comes from sharing office meals.