Reporting to the VP of Finance, this is an amazing opportunity to be a key contributor to ZeroCater’s financial planning, reporting, analytics and strategic finance functions. We are seeking someone to function as the hands-on owner of the financial model and will work closely with executives, accounting, sales operations and department heads in evolving the company’s financial reporting rigor. The ideal candidate has experience in both investment banking and start-up environments and a desire to be an influential voice in the company. This is an opportunity to build from scratch the FP&A function for a high growth company.
What you will do:
- Work with budget owners on establishing budgets, compensation plans and staffing projections. Prepare and distribute regular reporting with key insights.
- Prepare and present financial presentations. Monthly manager’s business review (MBR), executive/investor reporting & all-hands presentations.
- Work on various strategic projects with VP of Finance and CEO (investor presentations, scenario analysis, models for strategic decision making).
- Create & publish management reporting
- Provide insights & suggestions into business strategy, pricing and process optimization
Qualifications for success:
- 3-4 years analyst experience in investment banking and/or corporate finance/business operations.
- Undergraduate degree in business or economics
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with all departments/management levels
- Advanced financial modeling favoring simplicity over unnecessarily elaborate models.
- Strong Excel skills and proficiency in various reporting tools or accounting systems (i.e. Chartio, Salesforce.com, Intacct, SQL experience a plus)
“For is there any practice less selfish, any labor less alienated, any time less wasted, than preparing something delicious and nourishing for people you love?” - Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at ZeroCater. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
ABOUT US Great Companies Feed Their People We believe that culture is the most important ingredient in a company’s recipe for success and that food is one of the most effective ways to achieve a high-performing culture. The simple act of sharing a meal fosters trust, improves communication and encourages collaboration among team members, leading to a happier and more productive workforce. Feeding your team should be simple so you can focus on what matters—your business. OUR STORY Make Food Simple for Companies As a former office manager, Arram Sabeti planned many office meals for groups big and small. At the same time, companies were focused on hiring and retaining top talent and were increasingly working to build a better office culture with food. The benefits of feeding teams were obvious to Arram, but dietary restrictions, food preferences, and logistics made planning the daily task a daunting one. As Arram’s network grew, he quickly learned that others in his position experienced the same challenges. Instead of managing multiple vendors, organizing delivery and cleanup, collecting feedback, and doing it all over every day—Arram thought, what if there were one company with a team of experts, established vendor relationships, and technology that made office food simple? And so ZeroCater was born. The Crane Throughout Asia, the crane is a symbol of happiness and good fortune. In Japan, the crane is said to be mystical and live for a thousand years. The legend goes, that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted eternal good luck. For ZeroCater, the origami crane represents the art of feeding teams. At ZeroCater, we know the care and detail required to make feeding your team simple. We work tirelessly to perfect the process from start to finish so companies can enjoy the simple beauty and good fortune that comes from sharing office meals.