Do you love to work with your hands? Do you dream about being part of a team that makes a direct impact on people’s lives? We want to hear from you!
Zipline's mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Zipline designs and operates the world’s only autonomous drone delivery system at a national scale. By delivering essential medical supplies on demand, we increase access while reducing waste and stock-outs. We’ve completed over 12,000 commercial deliveries and 4,000 life-saving emergency deliveries. We’re expanding around the world, with a goal of serving 1% of the population of the planet in 2019.
Zipline is looking for an Assembly and Testing Technician to increase the rate, quality, and quantity of our manufacturing operations. This role is critical to scale our manufacturing team from a small scale workshop into volume production in order to support our distribution centers around the world.
- Mechanical assembly of Zipline’s drones and ground equipment
- Structural bonding of components and system assemblies
- Testing of aircraft and ground equipment systems, and clearly communicating issues as they arise
In one month you will:
- Build! Get hands-on training with our equipment and learn to efficiently build Zipline's hardware systems, while maintaining high standards for quality
- Dive into the culture of Zipline. Work side by side with the team and learn what excellence means at Zipline
- Learn to build several components of the drone and ground equipment
- Perform end of line tests on various components to ensure they are qualified and flight ready
In three months you will:
- Own the build of several major components, and become the resident expert for these assemblies
- Give process feedback for the manufacture of these components to optimize for quality, efficiency, and ergonomics
- Optimize your workspace to fit your needs. You will understand these components better than anyone else on the team
In six months you will:
- Independently own the build processes for various components on the drone and ground equipment
- Take what you have learned and continue searching for process improvements across the manufacturing floor
- Train new hires on manufacturing processes, and work with them to propel Zipline toward manufacturing excellence
The mindset we'd like you to bring to our team:
Safety: Think, work, and act safely at all times. Look out for yourself and all of your teammates to ensure we all go home safe each and every day.
Quality: A vital part of your DNA. You take pride in producing high-caliber work.
Continuous Improvement: You have a passion for efficiency, and are constantly evaluating processes to improve quality and productivity.
Problem Solving: You thrive on the challenge of achieving goals that are difficult by applying simple solutions. You see opportunity where others see obstacles, and apply your efforts to drive maximum benefit.
*Must have legal status to work in the US*
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, favorite ice cream flavor, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
More than two billion people lack adequate access to essential medical products, such as blood and vaccines, due to challenging terrain and gaps in infrastructure.
Zipline improves access to these supplies by flying over impassable mountains and washed-out roads, delivering directly to remote clinics. We centralize supply and provide on-demand deliveries, completely reducing waste and stock-outs.
Zipline provides a seamless delivery system at an affordable price, obsessing over every detail, so you can focus on patient health.