- You will be working closely with the circuit design engineers and manufacturing engineers to ensure that electronics for Zoox's robots are manufactured to high standards.
- Develop internal test procedures and equipment to ensure adequate test capability for engineering and production builds that will scale with company milestones.
- Support and improve ongoing production test sequences for engineering deviations, quick iteration in the design cycle is very important at Zoox.
- Lead investigations into root causing board failures, sometimes leading you deep into system architecture in an autonomous vehicle.
- Work closely with R&D team to ensure test equipment/software/processes for new designs meet specifications for low volume manufacturing environment and to resolve issues encountered during test.
- Analyze manufacturing yield issues and field failures to determine hardware test coverage. Drive issues to closure and use lessons learned to implement preventive measures and to define manufacturing test strategy for new products.
- You will use internal and external standards to define appropriate test thresholds and drive test coverage.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians to expand testing capacity.
- 6+ years of experience in EE Hardware Design and/or Validation
- Strong EE fundamentals in analog/digital design, sensors, and embedded systems
- Experience testing Power Electronics Circuits and/or High Speed Digital Designs
- 2+ years of experience programming Python and/or MATLAB/C/C++
- Hands-on experience with a UNIX/Linux Operating System & Tools
- Strong problem solving skills by doing deep dives as well as working with Cross-functional teams
- A genuine passion for uncovering latent issues and bugs by diagnosing hardware, software, and process issues
- Experience writing Test Requirements/Plans
- Enjoys designing and building Test Equipment that ensure Test Coverage while being Operator Friendly
- Expertise in various Data Acquisition and Measurement techniques
- Familiarity with lab equipment, such as Oscilloscope, VNA, TDR, spectrum analyzer etc.
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
- Good understanding of DFT and DFM methods
- Familiar with using methods like FMEA and Gage R&R
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.