- Work with Product Engineering to accurately define the engineering Bill of Materials for vehicle subsystems and assemblies.
- Drive and assist Responsible Engineers to collect/complete and validate Part attributes data and supporting documents within the PLM System.
- Validate and coordinate the release of product Bill of Materials and associated Specifications and Supporting Documents.
- Work with Data Management and Security functions to ensure that data is accurately and securely managed within the organization.
- Coordinate with Responsible Engineers in the correct creation and processing of Product Change Requests and Change Orders as part of the Change Management Process.
- Advise and assist change stakeholders on the Change Process and assist in correct completion of stakeholder inputs and facilitate implementation of released changes.
- Track and manage in process CR/CO’s to ensure changes are implemented efficiently and on time. Report on program change management status and escalate issues to the organization.
- Work directly with owners of “problem” CR/CO’s to resolve system, data, or human issues with changes which have become stuck “In Process.”
- Work with production planners to validate correct product orders and configurations during product launch, and to troubleshoot BoM / Systems related material issues.
- Drive the development & continuous improvement of robust PLM processes to manage product BoM, Change, Cost, and Timing.
- 3+ years’ experience in engineering/production environments working with BoMs and formal change management processes.
- An engineering background and experience in automotive/aerospace/robotics industries is preferred.
- Understanding of Bill of Materials structure for large complex products, and of the differences/structures of Engineering BoM, Manufacturing BoM, Service BoMs.
- Understanding of Product Change Management including impact analysis and production implementation in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with/understanding of PLM and Database Applications and data structures.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office and other common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, etc), and ability to use complex logic functions, lookup tables, and pivot tables to create reports and validate data.
- Ability and desire to work cross-functionally with engineering, procurement, logistics, manufacturing, quality to resolve issues holistically.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.