- Working with Product Managers and Designers to understand and define the problem space
- Researching areas that will help inform and guide designs
- Understand behaviors, needs, and context of users as well as human factors and people’s psychological qualities to build experiences
- Conceptualizing new interactions, experiences, and data visualizations for real-time, high performing, mission critical experiences
- Bringing early concepts to life through moodboards, storyboarding, brainstorming, user scenarios, and concept sketches
- Prototyping and testing your hypotheses and designs
- Communicating your ideas clearly
- Pushing the boundaries of current technology to create new possibilities
- Collaborating with engineers to bring your designs to life
- Translating designs into engineering and business requirements
- Be able to see the big picture but pay attention to fine details
- Be highly ambitious, self-directed, and organized.
- 3+ years of industry experience; expertise in human factors, human-computer interaction, human-robot interaction, or ergonomics
- Have reference projects demonstrating systems thinking across a variety of formats such as voice, audio, touch, gesture interactions, websites, apps, interactive spaces, VR/AR, etc...
- Have experience designing and shipping consumer products
- Have experience with design/prototyping software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote, InVision, Balsamiq, etc...
- Be passionate about exploring emerging technologies
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.