- Working with Product Managers and Designers to understand and define the problem space
- Researching areas that will help inform and guide designs
- Understand behaviors, needs, and context of users as well as human factors and people’s psychological qualities to build experiences
- Conceptualizing new interactions, experiences, and data visualizations for real-time, high performing, mission critical experiences
- Bringing early concepts to life through moodboards, storyboarding, brainstorming, user scenarios, and concept sketches
- Prototyping and testing your hypotheses and designs
- Communicating your ideas clearly
- Pushing the boundaries of current technology to create new possibilities
- Collaborating with engineers to bring your designs to life
- Translating designs into engineering and business requirements
- Be able to see the big picture but pay attention to fine details
- Be highly ambitious, self-directed, and organized.
- 5+ years of industry experience; expertise in human factors, human-computer interaction, human-robot interaction, or ergonomics
- Have reference projects demonstrating systems thinking across a variety of formats such as voice, audio, touch, gesture interactions, websites, apps, interactive spaces, VR/AR, etc...
- Have experience designing and shipping consumer products
- Have experience with design/prototyping software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote, InVision, Balsamiq, etc...
- Be passionate about exploring emerging technologies
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Jobs You May Like
UX Designer Intern - OfferUp - Summer 2019
OfferUp, OfferUp HQ - Bellevue, WA
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Creative Lead, Brand
Glossier, New York, NY
Product Design Leadership
Design Project Manager (Contract)
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA