- Developing in CAD master and detailed part models as well as system interfaces, specifically in CATIA v5.
- Designing metal and plastic parts (formed, injection molded or die cast, machined, extruded, etc).
- Designing parts from concept to manufacturing introduction.
- Creating part documentation appropriate for high-volume production methods and inspection methods.
- Working with product lifecycle management software for managing and releasing structured bills-of-materials.
- Managing prototype vendors for parts fabrication.
- Fabricating proof-of-concept prototypes and testing to validate feasibility of new designs in bench and system configurations.
- Gathering input from team members and synthesizing inputs into a preferred concept.
- Developing robust requirements and specifications for suppliers to execute towards.
- Managing development work and timelines for multiple external suppliers towards the successful delivery of one or more electromechanical systems.
- Working with cross functional engineering teams to integrate components and electromechanical systems.
- Collaborating with manufacturing engineers and quality personnel to ramp production processes and meet build objectives.
- A degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Manufacturing engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical design and drafting; automotive or safety critical industry experience a plus.
- Strong 3D CAD experience, specifically in CATIA v5.
- Strong knowledge of materials properties and applications, as well as fabrication methods.
- Perform analysis to ensure a successful design (stress / strain, thermal, mass, tolerance, etc.).
- Experience bringing a product or assembly through its entire lifecycle from initial concept through to production manufacturing.
- Experience working with various external suppliers and managing deliverables.
- Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills to drive decisions to closure.
- General aptitude with machining, hand tools, and electronics.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.