- Design of automotive component parts in CATIA V5/V6.
- Develop and execute seat system requirements.
- Participate in the iterative process with the Zoox design/styling studio to deliver the optimal balance of form vs. function vs. cost
- Implement processes and material selections to achieve world class durability, reliability and fit & Finish of automotive interiors.
- Complete and release seating components, sub-system and detail designs, utilizing a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required.
- Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design.
- Collaborate with key seat system and plastic component suppliers and support overall vehicle development milestones and prototype/production build events.
- Launch Zoox seating systems in Zoox’s assembly facility.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within the Zoox Vehicle Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Procurement groups to ensure seat system manufacturing and assembly feasibility and serviceability.
- Responsible for technical documentation to include DFMEAs, DVP&R’s.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Other Disciplines considered with experience) with a minimum of 10 years of experience in automotive seating development and subsystem engineering (OEM or Tier I level), demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through release and launch for production and 3D modeling proficiency in CATIA V5 or the equivalent in experience.
- 4 years’ experience leading an engineering team through at least one full cycle seating development project.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA.
- Experience Managing technical suppliers.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Endurance International Group, New York, NY
Senior Embedded Systems Engineer, Simulation/Emulation
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Tel Aviv, Israel
Senior Software Engineer, Commerce
BuzzFeed, New York; Los Angeles
Kensho, Cambridge, MA
Integration & API Support Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires