- Build and lead a team of validation engineers and act as primary individual responsible for ensuring our controls software meets all safety requirements and specifications.
- Design and implement hardware in the loop (HIL) and testing platform software in the loop (SIL) tools for control and vehicle systems
- Automate testing and ensure software bugs are caught early and reliably
- Contribute to failure and hazard analyses and implement robust tests for safety-critical requirements
- Try hard to break our software by considering scenarios software and hardware engineers have missed and then work with engineers to harden the system against those failures
- Develop and validate accurate vehicle simulation models to be used for development and validation of control and other vehicle systems
- Define test plans, execute them, and evaluate/document test results
- Work with the perception and planning simulation teams to integrate control systems and vehicle dynamics into the SIL
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- Excellent leadership, project management, and organizational skills
- Strong background in simulation, testing, and validation of complex dynamic systems
- Experience with requirements tracking for safety-critical systems as well as failure and hazard analyses (knowledge of ISO26262 or DO-178 standards is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of physics and dynamics
- Experience developing an automated testing system for mechatronics systems
- Fluency in C / C++ / Python / Matlab / Simulink
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.