- Create and track open issues with engineering team.
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified while proactively ensuring that risk mitigating actions are on-going within the engineering teams.
- Work with cross-functional teams, both internal and external, to drive open questions or issues to closure.
- Interface with suppliers and contract manufacturers and align on expectations and needs in order to deliver on time.
- Develop appropriate program schedules based on key company milestones and ensure that both internal/external resources remain on track.
- Define scope of work and engage with finance and procurement to ensure deliverables are to specification while maintaining a lean budget.
- Monitor development progress and report on status.
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments, as well as present to exec team.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, program management, or management consulting.
- Experience with hardware development and manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience working with contract manufacturers (CMs).
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts).
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build excellent working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments.
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Ability to manage confidential information.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.