- Support the introduction new AHMO hardware through development of production test/inspection procedures, fixtures, and equipment.
- Manufacturing Test Engineering Group's Key Responsibilities:
- Design and development of custom test fixtures (PCBAs/Assemblies), test requirements, PCBAs, and equipment to support hardware test. Test fixture bring up, characterization, validation, and deployment to AHMO Production and CMs.
- Work closely with R&D team to ensure test equipment/software/processes for new designs meet specifications for low volume manufacturing environment and to resolve issues encountered during test.
- Analyze manufacturing yield issues and field failures to determine hardware test coverage. Drive issues to closure and use lessons learned to implement preventive measures and to define manufacturing test strategy for new products.
- Provide technical expertise to Manufacturing and Suppliers to ensure test readiness for new products and to resolve any test engineering-related issues through the life of the products.
- Perform failure analyses during Production/RMA processes and participate in continuous improvements in product manufacturability and testability, contributing to the production of the highest quality products.
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development to enhance manufacturability and control product cost.
- Write test plans and drive test coverage and DFT (Design For Test) based on product requirements.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians to expand testing capacity.
- 6+ years’ experience as a manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant electromechanical content.
- BS in ME or EE.
- Strong CAD skillset with a vision for early manufacturing production.
- Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” with product assembly and production equipment
- Experience design and implementation of manufacturing fixtures and tools.
- Experience following and implementing design control processes.
- Experience with maintaining design history files.
- Design and/or process verification, validation, and testing.
- Experience justifying and implementing robotics to automate processes.
- Cross-functional expertise: EE/ME/Optics
- Software: Write automated tests (example: in Python)
- Statistics: Analyze data to understand trends, outliers etc.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Analytics Consultant - Stars & Quality Analytics
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN