- Develop novel architectures and communications interfaces to solve complex HMI interactions
- Create novel networking interfaces for next-generation connected vehicle applications
- Engage the design and development engineers across the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces, and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions
- Break down new, high level feature requests into subsystem and component-level requirements, and drive the implementation, testing, and release of these features against Zoox firmware release plan
- Review potential failure modes and effects to influence these requirements
- Develop overall validation strategy for these features and work with validation teams to ensure test coverage is implemented for future firmware releases
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development, and firmware validation teams to understand new component level hardware changes being developed and how to support them for production and field deployment
- Develop and execute firmware/hardware integration test plans on new hardware components and firmware features to rapidly retire risk from new designs
- Dig into data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level and propose robust solutions
- Work with manufacturing and with service to ensure the functions are implemented and functioning properly. This can include the development of processes, diagnostic tools and methods, and root-cause diagnosis for product issues.
- BS or MS in electrical or mechatronics engineering
- 6+ years of experience in electrical design and integration; automotive or safety-critical industry experience a plus, including high-reliability systems
- 2+ years of experience leading small teams in executing to product development timelines
- Familiarity with sensor technologies used in automotive applications (ADAS development and integration experience a plus)
- Experience modeling network traffic and bus loads, especially fault-tolerant architectures
- Experience with Vector or PEAK Tools
- Ethernet and wireless/mobile networking experience, particularly in an automotive environment
- Audio systems experience a plus
- Experience with using O-Scopes and Signal Analyzers to debug electronic assemblies
- Ability to work with PCBA schematics for debugging purposes
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one