Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. Hardware in the Loop (HIL) Software Validation is a high-leverage team interacting with all elements of the AI software stack, plus the vehicle’s sensors and compute hardware.
This team is responsible for ensuring the Zoox codebase is safe, reliable, and performant, by implementing automated tests, measuring performance on real hardware before it reaches the vehicle, and building systems that allow for rapid prototyping of software.
• Lead a team of software engineers to build bespoke, in-house tools and tests in an integrated software/hardware system
• Recruit and train talented engineers to build a world-class team
• Engage and collaborate cross-functionally with Perception, Planning, QA/Release, and hardware engineering, to deliver robust HIL tests and platforms
• Manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
• Work with upper management to establish development roadmap and initiatives
• 6+ years hands on experience developing complex robotic systems or relevant software
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
• Prior engineering management experience with complex robotic or distributed systems
• Experience in managing team sizes of 4+ engineers and working with recruiting to grow team
• Excellent soft-skills, communication skills, and problem solving skills (both technical and personal)
• Experience dealing w/ internal or external customers
• Experience with Software Validation for Continuous Integration
• Passion for autonomous vehicles or mobile robots
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.