- You will be working closely with the product development, manufacturing / test engineering teams across the company to ensure that sense & compute hardware for Zoox's robots is manufactured to highest standards.
- Executes the materials management strategy to support Production Planning, Production Scheduling, Order Fulfillment, Material releases, Material Handling, Logistics, and Inventory control.
- Ensures that production activities are scheduled in a manner, which will make efficient operations possible, and at the same time, assure the fulfillment of customer delivery requirements.
- Responsible for engaging the production plan of the various materials, parts, and subassemblies required by the plant. Drives for resolution of material shortages.
- Responsible to maintain and coordinate activities to ensure vital Manufacturing Operations metrics, including but not limited to; On-time delivery, Backlog, Days on Hand inventory, and past due Work Orders/Schedules.
- Coordinate 3rd party warehousing, Consignment, Vendor Manager Inventory (VMI), and other offsite scheduling as needed.
- Leverages the annual and monthly operating plans to determine appropriate objectives and performance expectations for the materials management team.
- Direct management of the production planners, and material specialists. Align activities with Buyers, and logistics coordinators.
- Train and educate the materials management team on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- 5 years’ experience minimum in supply chain functions
- 2 years’ experience minimum in a Direct Leadership role
- Master of Science degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Operations from an accredited institution
- APICS CSCP or CPIM Certification
- Proficiency in SAP ECC/MRP planning and/or purchasing modules
- Prior experience with shop floor inventory control or manufacturing operations optimization
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making
- Demonstrated knowledge of institutional problem-solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, pareto charts, statistical process control, process mapping, tree diagrams and root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills
- Strong PC skills – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.