- Develop novel architectures and communications interfaces to solve complex HMI or EE systems interactions
- Create novel networking interfaces for next-generation connected vehicle applications
- Engage the design and development engineers across the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions.
- Break down new, high level feature requests into subsystem and component level requirements, and drive the implementation, testing and release of these features against Zoox firmware release plan
- Review potential failure modes and effects to influence these requirements
- Develop overall validation strategy for these features and work with validation teams to ensure test coverage is implemented for future firmware releases
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development and firmware validation teams to understand new component level hardware changes which are being developed and how to support them for production and field deployment
- Develop and execute firmware/hardware integration test plans on new hardware components and firmware features to rapidly retire risk from new designsDig into data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level and propose robust solutions
- Conduct initial system bring-up and perform integration tests at the vehicle level to validate design assumptions
- Develop early prototypes and test benches to de-risk new technologies
- BS or higher in electrical/electronics engineering, or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience in systems design, systems architecture, systems integration or related field
- Experience debugging complex electrical, electronic and software controlled systems
- Experience diagnosing CAN, LIN or Ethernet network issues
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in simple, definitive and accurate terms
- Experience with Vector tools
- Experience in failure analysis, fault trees or hazard and risk analysis
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Technology Partners
Principal Client Technologist
Cloud Technology Partners, Boston, MA