- Support the introduction new Sense & Compute hardware through development of production assembly/test/inspection procedures, fixtures, and equipment.
- Take ownership of new products during pilot production phase through successful product launch. This includes driving new product introduction schedules, resolving manufacturability issues, and driving improvements in cost and efficiency.
- Provide product and process DFM (Design for Manufacturing) input to Product Development Engineering to enhance manufacturability and control product cost.
- Create an efficient manufacturing assembly flow, specifying and/or refining BOMs, workflow processes, and detailed MPI work instructions.
- Establish and develop concept process, including, estimated standard time and costs Design and create production equipment, fixtures, and tests as needed to build the production line either internally or as needed at suppliers.
- Provide training and support to engineering technicians.
- Provide technical support analyzing and/or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies, and field returns.
- Manage outside vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement initiatives focused on material cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and streamlining of the supply chain.
- Support, maintain, improve, modify, and further develop the manufacturing line as needed for sustaining production
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- 5+ years’ experience as a manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant electromechanical content.
- BS in ME or EE.
- Strong CAD skillset with a vision for early manufacturing production.
- Enthusiasm for getting “hands on” with product and production equipment Experience design and implementation of manufacturing fixtures and tools.
- Experience following and implementing design control processes.
- Experience with maintaining design history files.
- Design and/or process verification, validation, and testing.
- Accomplished using Lean principles such as lean six sigma, mistake proofing, 5S Experience performing value stream mapping and time studies to improve material flow to increase productivity.
- Experience justifying and implementing robotics to automate processes.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior UI Engineer - Ads Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Paris, France
Curalate, New York, NY
Director of Engineering, Integrations
OneLogin, San Francisco HQ
Software Engineer in Test (Bozeman, MT)
Dataminr, Bozeman, MT
Director of Software Engineering
The Sourcery, Guardhat