- Create vehicle level test plans and conduct test trips according to plan and within budget
- Work with external and in-house test labs and proving grounds to lead testing activities
- Conduct vehicle level environmental tests according to Zoox test plans and test procedures
- Record & analyze data collected during testing
- Conduct vehicle and component inspections after test completion to discover issues generated during testing
- Write test reports to document results of testing and to communicate issues found during testing
- Create “concerns documentation” for corrective action resolution of issues identified during testing
- Drive closure of open issues with assistance of product engineer
- Conduct countermeasure validation testing to approve corrective action resolution
- Review component DVP&R’s plans
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Other Disciplines considered with experience) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in reliability testing, including environmental and climatic testing.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to travel (Up to 25%)
- Experience in operating data acquisition systems (VBox, SoMAT eDAQ, LMS) for data collection of vehicle instrumentation with thermal couples/accelerometers/strain gauges/pressure sensors/load cells/LVDT/etc. desirable
- Ability to post process and analyze data using tools (nCode Glyphworks/Matlab) to validate system performance desirable
- Experience working with various test labs with broad contacts in the field of automotive testing
- Ability to operate and use diagnostic scan tools, scopes, meters, and other test equipment
- Experience with technical documentation in at least 1 full lifecycle vehicle programs to include DVP&R and DFMEA.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Strain Engineering Padawan (1 year paid internship)
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Automation Software Staff Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania
Quality Manager, SEA
Cloud Consultant (m/f)
Senior Software Engineer
Call9, New York, NY