Program Manager, Vehicle Development Process
Zoox, Foster City, CA
See jobs at Zoox
- You will continuously assess the Vehicle Engineering team’s current and future workload, processes and tasks with a focus on maximizing efficiency and maintaining effectiveness.
- Have a good understanding of existing IT tools in order to determine the most efficient means of effectively supporting Vehicle Engineering Processes.
- You will build a roadmap for VE Process development to show how systems and processes will evolve over time based on program demands.
- You will coordinate with cross-functional teams to scope, design, pilot, deploy and communicate process updates and improvements.
- You will undertake program management of aspects of the vehicle program from time to time as needed.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering or program management in the automotive industry
- Experience in vehicle development at all stages; product ideation, design, release, prototyping, validation, launch and production
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficiency using JIRA to capture and track engineering development tasks.
- Experience and interest in process development and implementation.
- Experience in a highly dynamic start-up environment.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one