- Manage the delivery of the body structure (body in black) for the Zoox L5 Vehicle program
- Manage target delivery
- Define requirements, specifications of body systems to achieve best in class performance in structural, weight, NVH and crash performance
- Establish body structure system architecture
- Undertake feasibility and prototype testing of novel body solutions
- Conceptualize, design, engineer and release, develop and launch body systems and components
- Validate performance of body systems
- Engage and inform the studio engineering process from the point of view of body systems, specifically the body-in-white
- Support material and manufacturing process decisions
- Ensure design release and validation
- Manage and collaborate with key suppliers
- Develop processes, procedures and best practices for Body design and development
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering equivalent or higher
- Five years minimum experience in automotive body system design and development
- Successful delivery of a production product in one or more of the body systems
- Knowledge of automotive body materials and manufacturing processes, specifically advanced composites
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 or V6 within a product development environment
- Expertise in composite material body design and DFM
- Experience in engineering best practices including design for six sigma (DFSS)
- Ability to implement GD&T and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Experience with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP’s and PVP’s, APQP and other technical and quality assurance processes
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.