Zoox has embarked on a highly-ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. Designing and deploying a safe, reliable, and performant AI software stack requires creating an equally critical testing framework to verify that software.
We are looking for an intern to help us architect and develop the integration testing framework used across the software organization. In this role, you will incorporate options for including the vehicle's sensors and compute hardware into an integration test: providing a flexible, reliable, and high-performance test environment. Additionally, you will build a high-level understanding of the overall system design and component interaction to help guide requirements and methodology for functional and performance sign-off while providing support to teams using the framework.
If you’re looking for a role where you get to work across the entire AI, sensor, and compute stacks for an autonomous vehicle, and you love building robust validation tools, this role is for you!
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors.
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Needs either strong C++ or strong python coding skills
- Experience with Linux, data systems / data management
- Experience debugging
- Exposure/experience with build systems and version control
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.