- Define requirements, specifications of closure systems
- Establish closure system architecture
- Undertake feasibility and prototype testing of novel closure solutions
- Conceptualize, design, engineer and release, develop and launch closure systems and components
- Validate performance of closure systems
- Engage and inform the studio engineering process from the point of view of closure systems
- Support material and manufacturing process decisions
- Manage and collaborate with key suppliers
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering equivalent or higher
- Five years minimum experience in automotive closure design and development
- Successful delivery of a production product in one or more of the closures systems
- Knowledge of automotive body closure materials and manufacturing processes, specifically advanced lightweight, recyclable and sustainable materials, composites preferred
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 within a product development environment
- Experience in engineering best practices including design for six sigma (DFSS)
- Ability to implement GD&T and dimensional engineering principles in design
- Experience with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP’s and PVP’s, APQP and other technical and quality assurance processes
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.