- Proactively identify potential safety hazards in Zoox’s field operation of autonomous driving technology through structured predictive safety analysis and review of historical operational data.
- Lead the efforts to develop prevention and mitigation strategies that can minimize potential safety issues in field operations, in close collaboration with cross-functional teams including engineering, operations, legal, safety policy, manufacturing, etc. These safety strategies could include engineering solutions in hardware and software, as well as operational mitigations and process improvements.
- Be the point of contact for SDMA for field safety issues as they occur. Triage the issue and contribute to the issue resolution process.
- Collaborate with the Safety Management System (SMS) leadership to provide safety engineering expertise.
- Brief and report out to executive teams
- BS degree in a relevant engineering field
- Have minimally 2-3 years of experience in deploying and managing complex field operations in relevant domains
- Systems engineering and system safety training
- Experience in identifying and mitigating risks in real-world operations
- Possesses excellent EQ with an empathetic communication style that fosters connection, collaboration and motivation
- Track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Have senior leadership experience (5+ years) in deploying and managing complex field operations in relevant domains
- Working experience in automotive industry or the autonomous driving technology industry
- Working level experience with safety critical systems
- Familiarity with industry safety standards such as MIL-STD-882, ISO 26262, ISO 21448, etc.
About us Zoox is a Menlo Park, CA-based robotics company founded by Tim Kentley-Klay and Dr. Jesse Levinson to create autonomous mobility. Operating at the intersection of design, computer science, and electro-mechanical engineering, Zoox is a multidisciplinary team working to imagine and build an advanced mobility experience that will support the future needs of urban mobility for both people and the environment.
Want to learn more about Zoox? Visit Zoox's website.
The social news and entertainment company.