- You love shipping great products, not just writing superb code.
- As an engineer, you’re interested in the problem, not just the requirements.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-moving environment and are ambitious about the speed and quality of your code. We ship our code multiple times a week with the impact measured in the result for the customer, not lines of code.
- An advocate of test driven development or, even better, behaviour-driven development. A strong commitment to quality is essential.
- You've worked on large scale distributed software systems that have proven scalability and complex topologies.
- Enjoy talking to key stakeholders and understand and show passion for the business objectives of the company.
- You like to build new products from scratch; many of our products are the first of its kind in the market.
- You are comfortable with a fair bit of uncertainty, fast change, and love solving hard problems collaboratively.
- You are a team player who thrives working in an honest and friendly working atmosphere. We have a flat hierarchy and give you the opportunity to make a real impact.
- Experience with Kafka and/or a streams-based platform (Samza, Storm) is a plus!
Here are some of the Projects you could expect to be working on:
- Building Open Banking products from scratch. This ranges from verifying the income and identity of a customer in a few seconds over assessing credit risk in a new and fairer way to providing savings and lending insights to customers in our app. This is a nascent technology where you have the freedom to create products from scratch, use cutting edge technology and shake up an old industry.
- Personal Finance Management feature or system. This might be a new way of verifying income, a budgeting service, or a new API to drive insights for customers. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance.
- Building a new Credit Card billing and statement generation engine, a card specific origination pipeline or integrating with third party processing and fraud prevention partners to enable a card that can work seamlessly and securely. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance.
- New micro-services: re-writing specific parts of our previous infrastructure into the new micro-services communicating through Kafka.
- Building our own internal services to coordinate how our consumer products (like loans or savings accounts) can manage sending and receiving money. It covers a range of payment channels – Faster Payments, Direct Debits, debit cards to name a few. This comes with plenty of technical challenges to make sure our services are easy to use, flexible enough to work for any product, but allow for operational scale: growth in volumes, growth in the range of products, employing a distributed architecture, and increasing the variety of payment channels with which we want to integrate.
About us Simple loans. Smart investments. We believe a loan should be there to help you, not hold you back. And an investment should be rewarding, but also ethical. We're shaping the future of finance by offering competitive rates, flexible and intuitive products and award-winning customer service. We exist to make money simple and fair for everyone – to enable people to do more with their money and take control of their finances.
Want to learn more about Zopa? Visit Zopa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Experienced Frontend Developer (Procurement Apps Team)
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Backend Software Engineer, Payments Core
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Software Dev Engineer
Software Engineer III- Communication Applications
SendGrid, Redwood City
Forward Deployed Solution Engineer / Sales Engineer (EMEA)
C3, Paris, France
Software Engineer - Applications
C3, Paris, France